There is 1 task given on the IELTS listening test, you can use this listening test for practice. You can take up this test for practice purposes and check for the answer through answer keys that are available. this practice test gives you a brief idea of how to appear for the listening test and what kind of questions you can expect in this test.
SECTION 1 Questions 1-10
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
- How many people are Cindy and Bob planning the picnic for?
- On which date will the picnic be held?
- What is the total budget for food and drink per person?
- Which food does Bob specifically say is unsuitable?
Complete the following notes about the three catering companies Bob and Cindy discuss.
lack of variety of food
poor quality 5__________________
6 __________________ discount for groups of 30 or more
only 7_____________ for picnics
offers free samples
Answer the questions using only a date or a telephone number.
- When will Bob and Cindy go to Celebrations?
- What is Celebrations“ telephone number?
SECTION 2 Questions 11-20
Complete the notes on the Citizens Advice Bureau using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each gap.
- _______________ a solicitor
suggest where you can find free legal advice
inform you whether you can get 12______________ to cover legal costs
Complete the notes on the police using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap
don’t be aggressive
do not try to bribe police officers
ask plain-clothes police officers for 13._____________
give your true name and address if asked
do not sign anything without a solicitor‘s 14._____________
you can make one telephone call
Complete the following notes on. illegal actions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
The following three things are illegal:
the possession of 15._____________
the possession or 16.____________ of drugs disorderly conduct
Decide which FOUR of the following statements are true, according to the speaker. Write the appropriate letters in any order on your answer sheet.
- It is socially acceptable to drink a lot of alcohol.
- People often arrange to meet in bars.
- Drinking non-alcoholic drinks in bars is socially acceptable.
- You can drink a little and still drive a car.
- You can drink in public.
- Doctors can give patients otherwise illegal drugs.
- You must be over 18 to buy alcohol.
- Many people use illegal drugs.
SECTION 3 Questions 21-30
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap
- Melissa’s first tip is _______________
- Simona says that a presenter should not ______________
- David explains that PCP means ____________
- David says PCP will ___________ and promote retention.
- Carlos offers a general piece of advice for public speaking, which is _____________
Identify which speaker is being referred to in each statement. Write the corresponding letter on your answer sheet.
- He/She thinks an overhead projector is usually needed.
- He/She mentions that jokes can be useful in context.
- He/She mentions that the question and answer part is very important.
- He/She says that finishing early might be a good idea.
- He/She says that you should drink enough.
SECTION 4 Questions 31-40
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A DATE for each answer.
- Which metal was the Celts using at the beginning of the first millennium B.C.?
- When did excavation at Hallstatt begin?
- When were Celtic remains near La Tene uncovered?
Answer the following questions about Hallstatt culture using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR AN NUMBER for each answer.
- How many periods of Hallstatt culture were there?
- Which two items were traded over long distances at the beginning of the Hallstatt period?
- There were settlements built during the Hallstatt C period?
- What led to a stratified society?
Complete the following sentences about La Téne culture using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
- Celtic ____________ took place during the La Téne period.
- After 400 B.C., the La Téne culture __________________
- Weapons and everyday items can be found in La Tene ____________ across Europe.
Source: IELTS Materials/https://ieltsmaterial.com/ielts-listening-practice-test-118-with-answers/